Earning guide and statistics to help you know how to playtest and earn money at PlaytestCloud.com.
It’s been a little over a month now since I started testing and playing with PlaytestCloud, and I can already say that this hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack and slash hack
PlaytestCloud is a cloud-based solution that allows you to register for and playtest games and apps on your web, mobile, and tablet device. The platform offers tools for running and administering user-focused sessions and tracking the results, with the ability to export and analyze data and results. The platform is available as a subscription (tier pricing is available) and offers a free trial.. Read more about how to make money at 15 and let us know what you think.
PlaytestCloud allows users to get compensated for testing mobile games. Is it, however, genuine, safe, and worth your time?
With in-depth research and evaluations, insights, and statistics from actual PlaytestCloud customers, we’ll break everything down in our PlaytestCloud review, including how the site works, who can join, if it’s safe and legal, how much it pays, and more.
Points to Remember
|Location(s)||Worldwide, but especially popular in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada.|
|Platform(s)||Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android|
|The average hourly wage is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$||$15|
|The Amount of Work on Average||Once or twice a month, there are a few chances.|
|Time to 1st Withdrawal on Average||30 days|
|Earning Options||Mobile game testing|
|Options for Payment||PayPal|
|Quickness of payment||Up to seven days|
Process of Evaluation
We surveyed one customer who used PlaytestCloud for 27 months, taking one game test and earned $15 in total for this PlaytestCloud evaluation.
That same user investigated and wrote about how PlaytestCloud works, as well as the registration criteria and other details.
To wrap things up, I looked into the safety, validity, and reputation of playtestCloud, went through all of the features in detail, looked at what others had to say about it online, and edited everything together. Enjoy!
Do you see an error or have something to add to this review? Please leave a remark or get in touch with us.
What is PlaytestCloud, and how does it work?
PlaytestCloud is a business that tests mobile games. They link game creators with “playtesters” (i.e. people who are paid to test games) and make it simple for them to get honest, accurate feedback on their work. Playtesters are paid a fixed fee for each game test they complete.
About the Business
- The company was founded on October 1, 2012.
- PlaytestCloud GmbH is the parent business.
- Located at 145 Otto-Suhr-Allee, Berlin, Germany, 10585.
- Christian Ress | Marvin Killing are the founders.
- LinkedIn and Twitter are two of the most popular social media platforms.
- Contact information: [email protected] | [email protected] | on-site chat
Is PlaytestCloud a genuine service?
PlaytestCloud is a legitimate service. Here are some details that back up that assertion:
- They have legal terms of service and privacy policies on their website.
- Starting as a playtester is completely free.
- They’re up up and honest about how playtesting works and how much money you can expect to make.
- The PlaytestCloud crew is simple to locate (source) — they even provide contact information for the founders.
- They pay through PayPal many times a week, with no minimum cash out restrictions (more details below)
- There are many internet reviews from satisfied PlaytestCloud customers.
Do you have evidence to the contrary? Please leave a remark or get in touch with us.
Related: How to Spot Survey Scams & GPT Scams (in 10 Steps)
Proof of Payment
Here’s a payment proof from one of our reviewers to prove PlaytestCloud’s legitimacy:
Who is eligible to participate? (Requirements)
- Age requirement: There isn’t one listed on the website, however you must be 18 years old to get a PayPal account, which is currently the only payment option available. If you’re under the age of 18, your parent or guardian may add you to their account so that you can participate in paid game testing intended for youngsters.
- Country requirements: The bulk of exams are given to users in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada.
- iOS (iPhone 5s or newer), iPad Mini 2 or newer, iPad Air or newer) and Android (5.0 or newer) devices are required (full list). In addition, you’ll need headphones, a microphone (which may be integrated into the headphones), and a steady internet connection.
- Requirements for payout: You must have a PayPal account.
- Other requirements: You must be proficient in English since the majority of the exams are done in that language. Most exams need you to speak out loud, therefore you should be able to do so.
Inspection for safety
The event will take place on August 10, 2021.
- What is an SSL certificate? Yes.
- Here is the link to the privacy statement.
- Terms and Conditions: For Game Designers | For Playtesters
- PlaytestCloud playtesters’ personal information:
- Email, complete name, games you play, gaming devices, nationality, gender, and date of birth are required for account creation.
- Address, contact information, demographic information, playtesting history, payment history, tester notes, gaming habits, children demographics (if you’ve added a kid to your account), devices are used for test invitations, payments, account validation, and associated activities.
- When taking exams, you may be requested to record your screen, voice, and, on rare occasions, your face.
- First name, gender, date of birth, and favorite games are among the child’s demographics. (PlaytestCloud customers are not given the children’s first names)
- IP address, device ID, operating system, and browser data are all automatically gathered.
- Do they disclose information about their customers? Yes, game developers will have access to some information from your profile. This information contains your PlaytestCloud identification, first name, country, nationality, age, gender, list of games you play, and average weekly hours spent playing games.
- Do they resell user information? No. The information you provide will only be used to link you with paid game testing. User information is never sold to third parties by PlaytestCloud.
- Is it possible to opt out? Yes, you may contact PlaytestCloud to withdraw your permission to data processing.
- Is it possible to erase your account and all of your data? Yes, please send an email to [email protected]
Is PlaytestCloud a secure platform?
PlaytestCloud seems to be quite safe to use. They don’t ask for a lot of personal information from playtesters, and they’re quite explicit about what information game developers will view after your account has finished a playtest. This information includes your initial name, nationality, age, gender, a list of games you play, and the average amount of time you spend playing games each week – all non-sensitive information that cannot be used to identify you individually.
Of course, you’ll have to record your screen and voice while you’re testing a game on your phone. You may also be requested to record your face in certain instances. Some people may be concerned about this, but you may simply decline exams that have criteria that make you uncomfortable.
Also, the playtest screen recorder only records when you’re playing the game (it doesn’t record any other data on your device) (source).
When performing testing, turn off your phone’s alerts to prevent recording anything personal.
Keep in mind that the games/versions of games you test on PlaytestCloud are usually not yet published. As a result, you may get a warning on your phone when you try to download them (source). This occurs with any software that is not downloaded through the app store.
One worry I have is if PlaytestCloud thoroughly screens their game creators and games to guarantee that no harmful malware is put on playtester devices. I couldn’t locate any information on their website regarding this. Fortunately, I haven’t seen any complaints on the internet of playtesters receiving viruses or other malicious software from PlaytestCloud, so this may just be my anxious mind talking.
Overall, I’d recommend PlaytestCloud since they’ve been around for a long and seem to be trustworthy, and they deal with respectable game creators. However, I’m interested as to how games are vetted before being sent to consumers for testing.
The following is an obligatory disclaimer: Nothing on the internet is completely secure or private. The above are our own views based on our own research. Please use care and do your own research.
Read this article for additional information and suggestions on how to remain safe on sites like PlaytestCloud.
Quality is supported by PlaytestCloud.
There were no assistance requests from the one playtester we surveyed. As a result, I created my own. I had a few queries for the support staff, so I called them. Here’s what I inquired about:
- What is the rate of pay for tests? On one page of your website, it states that each test costs approximately $10, while on another, it claims that each 15-minute exam costs $7.
- What are the lengths of tests, continuing from the previous question? What about minimum and maximum lengths?
- What kinds of testing are available? I saw iOS, Android, and web-based mobile games on your website. Is that all there is to it?
- Are there any other options for earning money outside recorded game tests? I saw the site referenced surveys, but I couldn’t discover any information about them.
I submitted this about 9 p.m. and received a response from Bridget, PlaytestCloud’s community manager, four hours later, which was more quicker than I expected. (I also wrote a follow-up email, and received a response in 16 hours.)
Her response, which I believe addressed the most of my queries, is as follows:
Thank you for contacting us about this! Keep in mind that being a playtester isn’t a full-time job; rather, it’s a fun way to supplement your income. Most of our playtesters will get a fresh playtest invitation every other week on average.
The amount of money paid out for each playtest varies based on the tasks that must be completed during the playtests and the duration of the playtest. However, in the invitation email we give you, we will always tell you how much the incentive payment is. PayPal is used for all transactions.
In general, a 15-minute playtest and survey will earn you $7 USD, but if you’re ever uncertain, check the playtest invitation email.
Most playtests will need you to talk as you play, and surveys are uncommon. Because the majority of our paid game testing are for mobile devices, we’ve decided to stop doing browser or console playtests.
You also won’t be able to utilize Bluestacks or other emulators. Here’s a list of all the gadgets we put to the test.
Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to assist you.
Bridget, have fun gaming!
Of course, this doesn’t exactly like a genuine support request if you’re experiencing issues with a game or being paid. Nonetheless, it demonstrates that the support staff is active, responsive, and helpful.
Have you worked with PlaytestCloud support before? Please leave a comment below.
What Is PlaytestCloud and How Does It Work?
PlaytestCloud is a platform that connects mobile game creators with game testers. They allow game creators to get their mobile games evaluated by ordinary players who match certain characteristics, and they allow gamers to make additional money by testing new or unpublished iOS and Android mobile games.
A game developer, for example, may want to test their new mobile game with iPhone users aged 20 to 30, who are male, and have played games like Candy Crush. They can simply put up a test using PlaytestCloud to accomplish exactly that.
When the test is finished, PlaytestCloud distributes it to testers who meet the game developer’s requirements. The game is then played by a select group of testers while their screen, voice, and, in certain instances, face (depending on the developer’s needs) are automatically recorded.
During the test, testers are usually asked to talk out while playing the game in order to provide the developer with real-time comments and ideas.
The recording will cease after the test is completed and the game is closed, and it will be immediately uploaded to PlaytestCloud servers.
Playtesters who finish a game test will be compensated between $7 and $15 USD, with testing lasting between 10-15 minutes on average. Longer tests equal more money.
As a playtester, the amount of tests you get will vary based on your demographics and profile information, but according to PlaytestCloud, the typical user receives a test invitation every other week (source). To improve your chances of getting playtest invites, keep your profile up to date with your list of current devices and games you have expertise with.
What is PlaytestCloud’s revenue model?
PlaytestCloud is paid by game creators that need their games evaluated, and they split a portion of the earnings with you as an independent contractor who provides testing services.
Earnings Potential on PlaytestCloud
Here are the data we collected about PlaytestCloud’s earning potential based on 1 PlaytestCloud customer we’ve polled so far:
- Average hourly wage: $15
- Highest hourly wage: $15
- Lowest hourly wage: $15
- $0.55 per month on average
- $/month with the highest value: $0.55
As you can see, PlaytestCloud’s average hourly fee is excellent. However, throughout the course of 27 months, our reviewer only got one test invitation, which explains why the average monthly profits are so low.
Note: As we survey additional people, these figures will be updated on a regular basis. To keep up to date and get exclusive content, sign up here.
Is Work Available on a Regular Basis?
Your PlaytestCloud workload will be determined by your demographics, devices, and gaming history.
We questioned one user who had been a PlaytestCloud tester for 27 months and had only received one test in entire period. This is mostly due to the fact that this user is located in Kenya, which is not a popular region for PlaytestCloud game creators. If they lived in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada, they would almost certainly get more test invitations.
According to the PlaytestCloud FAQ, the typical user gets a test invitation every two weeks. This would result in higher average monthly profits of $14-$30.
- What’s the bottom line? PlaytestCloud will not be able to replace your full-time work! This is a chance to make some extra money.
- Do you want to share your story? Please leave a remark!
Review and Ratings for PlaytestCloud
- Earning Prospects
- Work Volume
- Options for Payment
- Payout Minimum
- Payout Time
PlaytestCloud is a legitimate website that will compensate you for testing mobile games in your free time. The money is excellent, but there is a limited quantity of work available, which varies based on your profile and demographics. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic chance for gamers seeking to supplement their income while simultaneously assisting developers with their projects.
Recap of the Ratings
3/5 Earning Potential
According to our current statistics, PlaytestCloud pays an average of $15 per hour.
1/5 of the work volume
If you live in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada, you should get a few chances each month. Otherwise, be prepared for much less.
3/5 Payout Options
PayPal is a fantastic way to be paid, yet it excludes certain people.
Minimum payout is 5/5.
On PlaytestCloud, there is no minimum payment.
4/5 Payout Speed
PlaytestCloud sends payments within 7 days.
4 out of 5 for accessibility
Although PlaytestCloud is theoretically accessible globally, it is most suited to users in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. It doesn’t need any additional abilities or equipment if you can already communicate in English and have a mobile device that qualifies.
PlaytestCloud customer service seems to be responsive and helpful.
5 out of 5 for usability
Our reviewer found PlaytestCloud to be simple to use, with no bugs or usability concerns.
4.5/5 for safety
PlaytestCloud is usually safe, however you must be okay with your voice being recorded when doing playtests.
PlaytestCloud Earning Methods + Hints
On PlaytestCloud, there are two primary methods to get money:
1. Mobile Game Testing
On PlaytestCloud, the most common method to get money is through testing mobile games. These exams pay somewhere between $7 and $15 USD and take around 15 minutes to complete.
An email invitation to a playtest. PlaytestCloud is the source of this information.
Here’s how these tests operate in a nutshell:
- You’ll be able to start getting paid test invitations to your email after you’ve passed your qualifying exam and been authorized to work on PlaytestCloud (further information below).
- Open the test invite you received in your email (sample shown above) and follow the steps to download the game. In the email, you’ll find out how much money you’ll make and other crucial details regarding the exam.
- Play the game while paying attention to the directions. Your recording will begin as soon as the game is started, and it will be immediately uploaded after you’re through.
- Fill out the post-test questionnaire. To ensure your payout, provide useful replies.
- You’ve completed the task! The money should be immediately credited to your account and disbursed within a few days.
- During testing, speak often – developers want to hear what you think of their games. Discuss what you enjoy, don’t like, what you wish was different, and so on. Provide as much information, assistance, and honesty as possible.
- Unless otherwise specified, speak English.
- Maintain an up-to-date profile – Keeping your devices and game list as current and accurate as possible can improve your chances of getting test invitations.
- Accept test invitations and begin recording immediately — Tests have deadlines and quotas, so the sooner you download the game and begin recording, the better.
On their website, PlaytestCloud offers the possibility of standalone surveys, however our reviewer has no experience with them. They don’t seem to be particularly frequent.
Related: Best Survey Sites & Apps (Ultimate Paid Surveys Guide 2021)
How to Get Paid for PlaytestCloud
PlaytestCloud now only accepts PayPal payments as a cash-out option for playtesters. You don’t have to bother about requesting a cashout since payments are delivered automatically three times each week. Simply enter your PayPal email address in your profile and you’re ready to go.
Note that if you live in the United Kingdom, your payments will be made in GBP. Payments will be paid in USD if you are located outside of the United Kingdom.
Extra Hints, Notes, and Features
- There is a limit of one tester account per person. All of your accounts will be deleted if you create more than one.
- Your tester account can only be used by you – You can’t allow other people use your account to test games, and you can’t speak to them while they’re testing.
- It’s against the rules to talk about the games you’re testing.
- For testers, PlaytestCloud offers a helpful FAQ page – check it out here.
- Using Bluestacks or any piece of software to mimic a device for playtests is against the rules and will very certainly result in your account being suspended. Only use real gadgets.
Real User Testimonials for PlaytestCloud
Here are some genuine customer evaluations of PlaytestCloud that we directly surveyed. For giving their honest views and comments, each reviewer was offered a modest reward.
• Reddit • 8 August 2021
- Kenya is a country in Africa.
- Age: 25
- 27 months as a user
- Total profit: $15
- Average hourly wage: $15
- $0.55 per month on average
- Work is received just a few times a month.
- Time it takes to get your first withdrawal: 2 months
What are your overall thoughts? PlaytestCloud is a user-friendly service that is simple to make money with, however since I am in Kenya, I don’t get many test invitations.
Would you tell others about PlaytestCloud? Without a doubt. It’s a simple way to earn money while having fun.
What is the user experience like? The user experience is outstanding. There aren’t any issues that I’m aware of.
Do you have any safety concerns? None.
What advice do you have for new users? (1) When joining up, list all of your devices. (2) Get a good set of earbuds with a microphone to use when testing.
- It’s simple money. When you are asked to participate in a test. There are no right or incorrect answers; instead, express your thoughts about the game.
- There are insufficient opportunities for testing. Since joining, I’ve only received one test invitation.
More reviews may be found in the comments section, or you can write your own!
Pros and Cons of PlaytestCloud
- dependable business
- No special abilities are needed.
- Earn money by playing video games.
- Pay is excellent.
- Getting started is simple.
- PayPal is used to make payments.
- There is no need for a minimum payment.
- Although technically accessible globally, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada offer the most possibilities.
- There is no sign-up incentive.
- Work volume is low and consistency is lacking – Expect a small number of test invitations. It’s a bit of a jumble.
- You should speak out loud – this isn’t for everyone.
- Qualification tests are not compensated — In order to apply as a tester, you must first pass a qualification exam. It’s not a paid position.
- There is just one method of payment (PayPal)
Is PlaytestCloud a Good Investment?
If you like playing mobile games, have some spare time throughout the day to complete a few tests, and don’t mind having your voice recorded during testing, I’d recommend PlaytestCloud. It’s simple money; you get to try out new games; the pay rate is excellent; and payments are delivered promptly.
Just don’t expect this to be a steady source of income. If you want to maximize the amount of money you make outside of your primary work, it’s ideal to combine it with additional side hustles.
How to Begin Using PlaytestCloud
The first registration procedure for PlaytestCloud testers is simple.
Step 1: Fill out the registration form.
You may register here. Here’s a sneak peek at the form:
Fill in your email address, complete name, favorite games, gaming devices, nationality, gender, and date of birth. Fill out as much information as possible to be eligible for further playtests!
Step 2: Take the free qualifying exam.
Following the initial setup, you’ll get a confirmation email (shown below) with information on how to download a mobile game that will educate you how to perform playtests correctly.
To begin, just download the game, launch it, and let it to record your screen.
As with any playtest you do, your sound quality must be clean and free of outside noise, so locate a quiet location and record with headphones.
Close the game and wait for the recording to upload after you’re finished. This unpaid exam will take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete.
Following that, the team should reply with the findings of your recording in a timely manner (within a few days). If you performed a decent job, you’ll start getting paid exams through email after that.
There’s no need to be concerned if you don’t pass the exam. You will get feedback from the PlaytestCloud team, and you will be able to try again.
Step 3: Wait and Make Money!
Once you’ve been approved as a playtester, all you have to do now is wait for a paid test invitation. Check your email on a daily basis to remain informed, and if you get an invitation, attempt to begin the test as soon as possible.
Also, make sure your profile is up to date with your gadgets and games.
Alternatives to PlaytestCloud
- UserTesting – UserTesting charges for website and mobile app usability testing (not exclusively games like PlaytestCloud). You’ll have to talk loudly when performing testing, much as PlaytestCloud. To understand more, see our UserTesting evaluation.
- TryMyUI — Similar to UserTesting, this site offers paid usability tests that require you to speak out. To understand more, see our TryMyUI review.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks features several entertaining little minigames on the site that pay very little, as well as paid game offerings that need you to meet specific goals. To discover more, see our Swagbucks review.
- GG2U – GG2U provides a number of paid gaming offers that need you to download a game and complete specific tasks.
- Qmee is another GPT site that provides paid game downloads. To understand more, see our Qmee review.
- Treasure Trooper — Another GPT site that is extremely game-like is Treasure Trooper. You may earn money by breeding dragons and participating in other minigames. To discover more, see our Treasure Trooper review.
- Toluna – Toluna features minigames that pay out little sums at a time on occasion. To understand more, see our Toluna review.
- Check out these sites that pay you to test websites and applications, as well as these GPT sites that provide paid gaming possibilities, for additional PlaytestCloud options.
Check out these tips for more money-making ideas and opportunities:
I hope you enjoyed my PlaytestCloud review! If you did, please consider sharing it to help spread the news – even a single share may make a huge difference!
Fret not if you are new to the PlaytestCloud reviews, reviews are of reviews, reviews of reviews, reviews of reviews. The reviews are my reviews of reviews of reviews. What does that mean? Well, my reviews are reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews, reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews, reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews, reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews of reviews. Read more about how to make thousands of dollars as a teenager and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- is playtestcloud legitimate
- play test cloud review
- playtestcloud reviews
- playtestcloud review